World Vision International in Ghana, Kings Hall Media Ltd. And Junior Graphic invite Ghanaian pupils from Primary 4 to JHS 2 to participate in
THE SCHOOLS SANITATION SOLUTIONS (TRIPLE-S) CHALLENGE 2020 (2nd Announcement) –
Write an open letter to the President of Ghana, drawing his attention to the poor sanitation situation in or around your school. Suggest to him how the problem can be solved in a sustainable manner.
INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE
FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY
- Your essay should be written in the English Language
- Your essay should not be more than 800 words long
- Every point you raise should be clearly articulated
- You must write the essay yourself because if your work is shortlisted, you will be required to verbally defend what you wrote in front of a panel of experts in the second round
- You may write on both solid and liquid waste issues
- Write clearly at the top of your worksheet, your full name, the name of your school, the town and region where the school is located, and the telephone number of your Class Teacher AND one of your parents
- You may submit your work in hard copy to any World Vision Ghana office addressed to: The Coordinator, Schools Sanitation Solutions Challenge, World Vision Int. Ghana
- You may also send via email as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send by post to World Vision Ghana, PMB Accra-Ghana
- New deadline for submission is Friday, 13th March, 2020 before 5:00pm
ROUND ONE (THE COMMON CONTEST)
Every interested participant submits an essay by the stated deadline to the addresses provided above. Ten best entries nationwide will be shortlisted for the Masters Encounter in Round Two. Only shortlisted participants will be contacted for further information.
ROUND TWO (THE MASTERS ENCOUNTER)
The ten shortlisted participants will be invited to Accra to verbally defend their essay before a three-member Panel of Experts at a well-publicized forum called Masters Encounter in May 2020. The best four performers will be selected by the panel of experts for the Battle of the Champions in the Final Round.
FINAL ROUND (BATTLE OF THE CHAMPIONS)
The best four participants will be invited to Accra to
participate in the Battle of the Champions in July 2020. It will be a quiz
competition on sanitation in Ghana to be refereed by a Quiz Master. The quiz
will be broadcast on radio and/or television.
Each of the ten shortlisted participants who participate in the Masters Encounter will receive attractive prizes;
The 3rd Runner-up in the Battle of the Champions takes home a tablet, a cash prize and attractive prizes for his/her school;
The 2nd Runner-up takes home a tablet, a cash prize, and attractive prizes for his/her school;
The 1st Runner-up takes home a laptop computer, a cash prize and attractive prizes for his/her school;
The overall winner takes home a Laptop Computer, a cash prize, and a Desktop Computer and other attractive prizes for his/her school. He/she will be unveiled as a Child Sanitation Ambassador and supported to lead a School Sanitation Project in Ghana.
For further information, contact Mr Arhin on 0244713332 OR, email@example.com OR Frank on 024 656 5063 OR firstname.lastname@example.org